If you are charged with driving with a suspended license in New Jersey, you likely have many questions and concerns.
Will I lose my driving privileges for an even longer period of time? Is there a possibility of jail time or large fines? Is there any way to fight this charge?
Contact our NJ driving on a suspended license lawyer.
New Jersey Driving with a Suspended License Lawyer
The NJ suspended license lawyers at The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, we understand your worries. Your driving privileges are critical to your job, your social life, and of course, your family. Our experienced traffic attorney will fight for your rights to ensure that each defense is explored for the best possible outcome for your case.
Reasons for License Suspension in New Jersey
- Accumulating 12 points or more on your current driving record
- Being at fault in a fatal accident
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Failure to appear in court or to pay fines
- Failure to pay surcharges
- Driving with an already-suspended license
- Disqualification due to mental or physical condition
- Abandoning a vehicle on a public highway
Please be aware that, if you are convicted of driving with a revoked license in New Jersey, the consequences can be severe.
What Are Penalties for Driving with a Suspended License in New Jersey?
- First Offense: Fine of $500, plus an extension to the period of suspension that cannot exceed six months.
- Second Offense: Fine of $750, plus possible imprisonment in the county jail for no more than five days. The court may also extend your license suspension by up to six months.
- Third Offense: Fine of $1,000, along with 10 days in county jail. As with the first and second offense, the court may impose or extend a period of suspension of your license for up to six months.
How A New Jersey Suspended License Lawyer Can Help You
When working with our experienced suspended license lawyer, you can rest easy knowing that you have a trustworthy ally on your side, one that will fight for your rights in municipal court and do all he can to make the legal process easier for you.
If you have been charged with driving with a suspended license, don’t go through the legal process alone: contact an attorney that people across New Jersey have trusted to help them with license suspensions.