Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLCAll locations are by appointment only.
2500 25th floor, Harborside Financial Center, 5th St.
Jersey City, NJ 07311
If you have been charged with a crime, received a speeding ticket or cited for any other traffic violation in Jersey City or a nearby area in Hudson County, you need to take immediate action. Your first call should be to the Jersey City criminal defense lawyers at The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC.
Get Help From a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Jersey City
No matter what charge you are facing, it will benefit you to have a lawyer by your side with experience representing clients in Jersey City and throughout the state. Contact the criminal defense lawyers at The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC. We can immediately review your case and start work on your defense today.
- Loss of license for 3 months;
- Prison term of up to 30 days;
- Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) for 12-48 hours, plus paying a $230 IDRC fee;
- A three-year period of paying $1,000/year surcharge;
- $250–$400 fine;
- $100 to a state drunk driving fund;
- $100 to the Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund; and,
- $75 to Neighborhood Services Fund
Why Do You Need a Jersey City Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Few things in life are more stressful and frightening than getting charged with a crime or a traffic violation. During this difficult time, Anthony can help to lift the weight off your shoulders by providing the professional and personalized legal representation that you deserve.
Anthony and his legal team will assist you by:
- Gathering and reviewing evidence. You have the right to see the evidence which the prosecution wants to use against you. Anthony will make sure that evidence is turned over and carefully assess the prosecution’s case.
- Seeking relief ahead of trial. Anthony can work with prosecutors at the pre-indictment conference to seek a dismissal or downgrade of your charges. He may also move to exclude any unlawfully obtained evidence.
- Exploring all options available to you. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be eligible to participate in a pre-trial intervention (PTI) program or reach a plea arrangement with the prosecution that minimizes the consequences you face. Anthony can explore and advise you of all options.
- Protecting your rights in court. If your case goes to trial, Anthony will aggressively advocate for you by challenging the prosecution’s case and presenting all defenses which are available to you.
- Handling your post-trial legal issues. Anthony can review your trial to determine if any legal errors occurred that merit relief to you on appeal, or he can seek to affirm the result if the prosecution pursues an appeal.
What We Do
After handling over 1,000 combined criminal, municipal court, and appellate cases, Anthony Vecchio has gained the experience necessary to defend you against every type of adult or juvenile case. Give our office a call so we can discuss the issues and possible defenses in your case.
How Does the Criminal Justice System Work in Jersey City & Hudson County?
For many years, the Jersey City Lawyers at Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio has served clients in Jersey City and surrounding areas in Hudson County. We currently are scheduling appointments at our office in the Harborside Financial District.
As you move forward with your case in Jersey City, you should be aware that you will likely need to appear in court. When you were charged with a criminal or traffic violation, you should have received notice of the date, time and court where you will need to appear.
Several clients we serve are not Jersey City residents. However, they may have received a speeding ticket or other traffic citation while passing through the area on I-78 en route to the Holland Tunnel or while traveling on the New Jersey Turnpike or Pulaski Skyway.
We also assist those in Jersey City who are facing indictable offenses in the Hudson Vicinage. The court’s Criminal Division hears cases at:
Examples of Hudson County Indictable Offenses Include:
- Violent crimes
- Sexual offenses
- Property crimes involving $200 or more
- Drug possession and distribution.
The Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office makes the decision of whether to pursue certain charges as indictable offenses, which requires the prosecutor to present the case to a grand jury, or to drop them to a less-serious charge, which means that a case will be handled in Jersey City Municipal Court.
Why Choose Anthony J. Vecchio for Your Jersey City Criminal Defense?
He will personally handle your case from beginning to end, bringing to bear his insight and knowledge of how the criminal justice system works in Jersey City and throughout New Jersey.
Criminal Defense Cases We Handle
Anthony J. Vecchio is a skilled and experienced attorney who once worked on criminal and traffic cases as a prosecutor. Today, he focuses exclusively on helping those who are facing charges. His practice areas include:
- Traffic violations – If you are ticketed for speeding or other traffic offenses, you face the risk of getting points on your license and higher insurance rates. Anthony can seek ways to avoid or minimize those consequences.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) – Jail, fines, loss of your driver’s license – the stakes are high when you are charged with a DWI in New Jersey. Jersey City DUI lawyer Anthony Vecchio can help you to fight the prosecution’s case against you.
- Drug possession or distribution – If you have been charged with an offense involving marijuana, cocaine, heroin, opioids or any other controlled dangerous substance (CDS), Anthony can work with you to develop and execute a defense strategy that seeks the best possible result for you.
- Other felonies and misdemeanors – Anthony’s diverse experience in criminal defense allows him to assist clients in a wide range of cases, including those involving violent crimes, sexual offenses, financial crimes, computer-related crimes and property offenses.
- Juvenile crimes – Anthony understands the key differences between representing adults and juveniles who are charged with crimes. He can pursue an outcome that focuses on counseling and rehabilitation rather than detention.
- Expungement – Anthony knows how important it is to clear your record before you apply for a job or seek to advance your education. Our firm can guide both adults and juveniles through the expungement process.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Jersey City
In addition to helping those accused of criminal offenses, we also represent injury victims. If you have suffered serious injuries due to someone else’s negligence, we want to help. We work with clients in Jersey City in cases such as:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Slip and falls
- Work-related injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
No two car accidents are the same. After a car accident, many people assume that they can just call their insurance company, sign paperwork and receive payment for the claim. Sadly, despite the fact that you pay premiums to the insurance company, most of the time insurance companies will fight hard to avoid meeting the obligations of their policies. Additionally, you may be eligible to seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company.
Get Help from a Jersey City Attorney Today
No matter what charge you are facing, it will benefit you to have a lawyer by your side with experience representing clients in Jersey City and throughout the state. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC. We can immediately review your case and start work on your defense today.