ANTHONY J. VECCHIO, Esq.
My entire career has been dedicated to defending those accused of criminal and serious motor vehicle violations. Many of these matters included charges that could have carried extensive time in prison and prolonged driver’s license suspensions. I am passionate about providing personalized, thorough, and effective representation to individuals in crisis.I have also defended clients against DWI charges across the state of New Jersey. Most of these cases involved breath testing from either the now-outdated Breathalyzer or currently used Alcotest machines. However, I have also defended blood and urine DWI cases which require a special level of expertise in both constitutional principles and state laboratory procedure. In some cases there are no chemical test results, requiring aggressive cross-examination of the arresting police officers.After handling over 1,000 combined criminal, municipal court, and appellate cases, I have gained the experience necessary to defend you against every type of adult or juvenile case. Give my office a call so we can discuss the issues and possible defenses in your case.
Schedule a FREE CASE EVALUATION
Selection for inclusion to the Super Lawyer listing follows a 4-step selection process which is a comprehensive, good-faith and detailed attempt to produce a list of lawyers that have attained high peer recognition, meet ethical standards, and have demonstrated some degree of achievement in their field. Step one is the creation of the candidate pool where lawyers enter the candidate pool by being formally nominated by a peer; identified by the research department in the “Star Search” process; or informally nominated. The second step includes the evaluation of the lawyers in the candidate pool. Super Lawyers’ research department evaluates each candidate based on these 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement: verdicts and settlements; transactions; representative clients; experience; honors and awards; special licenses and certifications; position within law firm; bar and or other professional activity; pro bono and community service as a lawyer; scholarly lectures and writings; education and employment background; and other outstanding achievements. These indicators are not treated equally; some have a higher maximum point value than others. The third step in the selection process is to be evaluated by the attorneys peers by practice area. The final selection for the Super Lawyers list is by grouping candidates into four firm-size categories. Those with the highest point totals from each category are selected.The Rising Star selection process is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process except that: 1) to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for ten years or less; 2) Candidates for Rising Stars do not go through step-three above in the selection process – peer evaluation by practice area.
Award and Ratings
- Former Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Donald G. Collester, Jr., J.A.D., retired
- New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender, Criminal Appellate Section
- New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender, Office of Parental Representation
- Freehold Township Municipal Prosecutor
- Camden County Prosecutor’s Office, Court Certified Legal Intern
- New Jersey Office of the Public Defender, Investigation Intern
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Legal Intern
- Editorial Board, Dictum, N.J. Bar Young Lawyers Div. Newsletter
- Articles Editor, Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Charles Richter Memorial Award, Ricter Consulting, Inc.
- Association for Public Interest Legal Grant
- Daniel B. Toll Memorial Award
- Alumni Scholarship Award
- Governor’s Scholarship Award